One of my favorite things to make for dinner is quesadillas. They are relatively easy to prepare and can suit even the most discerning palate. I prefer mine with chicken, but you could substitute steak or even lobster as the main ingredient. For vegetables, you can add anything you like to make this a healthier meal.
My ingredients are as follows:
*Flour tortilla (can use whole wheat if desired – just make sure it is large enough to fold in half)
*Thinly sliced chicken breast
*Shredded cheese (I prefer a 3 cheese blend)
1. Salt and grill chicken. I typically begin preparing the vegetables while the chicken is cooking on the Cuisinart Griddler.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, cut into strips and dice into small cubes.
3. I like to pan fry the vegetables for a few minutes on low before adding them to the quesadilla.
4. In a large frying pan, add two tablespoons of Olive Oil over high heat.
5. Add tortilla to pan and cook on both sides (one minute per side). Lower heat to medium.
6. Add chicken, vegetables, and cheese to center of tortilla. Fold in half and let each side cook for 3 – 5 minutes per side.
7. Once cheese has melted evenly, remove from pan and let sit prior to serving.