By now, you probably know that I like to shop. Love summer (and summer dresses). Spend a lot of time at the beach. Enjoy day trips. And, never pass up a good brunch! But I wanted to share a few things that you might not otherwise have gleaned from my posts.
1. I am a very picky eater. I don’t like spicy foods, pretty much anything green (I have never met a celery stalk I liked. No, really, I can’t even be in the same room with celery!), and I could eat the same thing day in and day out without getting tired of it. This fact has been confirmed by the results of a recent BuzzFeed quiz. I wouldn’t eat a whopping 53 out of 87 items on the list. See how picky you are here.
2. Growing up, I wanted to be a veterinarian. Somewhere in my college years that changed and I was intent on becoming a lawyer, specifically a prosecutor. Now, I think I’ll stick to blogging and writing.
3. Before I was an equestrian, I was a competitive figure skater and also took ballet classes. I have been known to hop on ice skates from time to time and think that I can still jump like when I was a kid.
4. I want to move to California (like, yesterday!). When I was on the West Coast in March, I fell in love with San Francisco. Aside from the fact that it is home to Ghirardelli, I loved being by the water, the landscape, and the weather. If you were to meet me in person, I would probably tell you this within the first five minutes of our introduction!
5. I am a huge choc-o-holic and aficionado of sweets. Okay, this you probably know if you follow me on Instagram and see all of the ice cream I consume and the amount of times I used the hashtag sweet treats. But did you know that I strongly dislike chocolate milk and hot chocolate? Yeah, I didn’t think you did.
6. I have a skull obsession — don’t worry, it’s harmless. If you remember back when I unveiled my new home office, Zigi made it into a few shots (the metallic skull is from Z Gallerie so it was the best name I could come up with). I thought it was a fun piece and it works well with the decor in the room.
7. I not-so-secretly think photographers have the coolest job in the world. I could spend hours on Instagram scrolling through beautiful photos. My favorites are always black and whites and landscapes.
8. I have struggled with anxiety my entire life. In my adult years, I’ve taken up yoga and it has helped me work through my anxiety issues. Flying still makes me the most anxious.
9. I’ve owned two horses. Both were grey.
10. I am in a long-term relationship with my iPhone. It may or may not be healthy.
There you have it. Ten random facts about me that you didn’t know before you read this post.