This week was a rough one. From waiting for a service appointment for my car that never came to dealing with Internet outages while trying to work from home, let’s just say I’m glad today is Friday.
With everything going on in life, it can be easy to focus on the negatives or what didn’t go right. But I’m trying to reframe my mindset to find something positive in every day. Even though most of the emotions I recall from the week felt more like anxiety, stress, and overwhelm, there were some moments of quiet that brought me peace.
- Buying flowers for myself: After the failed service appointment for my car was rescheduled for the second time in a week, I was beyond irritated. But fortunately for me, there was a Trader Joe’s right next to the dealership. I stopped in quickly to pick up two things: my favorite ice cream sandwiches and flowers. In case you missed it, Trader Joe’s has the best floral assortments at great prices. I settled on blue hydrangeas that instantly brightened my mood.
- Morning coffee: Coffee is the highlight of my morning (thank you, Southdown Coffee, for keeping me going), but this week, it felt like an extra special treat. If you were wondering, my go-to order is an iced cappuccino with whole milk.
- Moments to meditate: I’ve fallen off my meditation game these days. For the last 365 days, I ran a strong streak with the Calm app, but then I missed a day and lost my stride. So, when the opportunity arose to take a few quiet moments of reflection after my sanity stroll at the beach, I grabbed them.
- Clarity calls with my business coach: Investing in myself and working with a business coach has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. To have a group of like-minded creative entrepreneurs to lean on while getting expert coaching has been both invaluable and inspiring. There are so many days where I feel defeated or discouraged and then hop off the call with a much more positive outlook.
- Splurging on a fancy take-out dinner: There are many nights where take-out is the only reasonable option after a particularly long day. Then there are those nights when you need an extra special take-out meal. After one particularly grueling day of calls and meetings (and on a day where it was 90+ degrees out), I ordered some comfort food from my favorite local restaurant, complete with a fancy cocktail to go.
What are some things that brought you joy this week?
Leave a Reply