I am getting ready for my trip to California in a couple of weeks (can we say, excited?!). Of course, I will be sharing with you what I am packing in a later post (there will be plenty of cute sundresses, swimsuits and darling loungewear for you to be excited about), but for now, it’s all about how to stay healthy while traveling.
Since I am a self-diagnosed germaphobe, I can’t leave home without a few essentials that boost my immunity and put my mind at ease. Ever since my thyroid surgery nearly two years ago, I have incorporated supplements into my daily routine – especially during cold and flu season (Disclaimer: consult your physician before trying any dietary supplements).
These tried-and-true tactics have worked for me, and they will accompany me on my West Coast getaway.
1. Emergen-C: I have been stocking up on this fizzy stuff since college. The convenient packets make it easy to keep them in your bag, desk drawer or car. All you need is a packet and some water and you are good to go. I swear that these babies give me added energy to get through busy days. They come in multiple flavors (I prefer the citrus immune plus with some extra zinc) and only contain 5 grams of sugar per packet. With lots of Vitamin C (1,000 mg), and a slew of B vitamins (B6, B12 and Niacin), these packets are great for immune support and to keep you healthy overall.
2. Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer: What kind of germaphobe would I be if I didn’t have this on the list? You can be sure that I am always equipped with hand sanitizer in one of my bags. I love Bath and Body Works products, and frequently get my hand sanitizer from them. My signature fragrance is the Japanese cherry blossom, which is not too over-powering but has a distinct floral aroma. The best part is that it doesn’t leave your hands sticky or dry after using.
3. Sunkist Zinc Throat Lozenges: When I run out of Emergen-C, or don’t have water handy, these convenient lozenges are the next best thing. They come in cherry, orange and honey lemon and can be taken on-the-go. I usually take two per day if I am feeling run-down. Be sure to let the lozenge dissolve rather than chew it for maximum effectiveness!
4. Pomegranate White Tea: Another one of my staples is the pomegranate white tea from Trader Joe’s. I’m not much of a tea drinker, but this tea infused with organic white tea leaves, hibiscus flowers and lemongrass, has been a favorite for a while. It’s not bitter like some teas, and has lots of antioxidants to keep you going. Add some agave for sweetness, or drink it chilled — this white tea is full of flavor.
5. Clorox To-Go Sanitizing Wipes: Since I can’t lug my usual container of Clorox wipes with me when I travel, I opt for these. At work, I usually wipe my desk down at least twice a week. It is a Monday ritual for me to start my workweek off with a clean (and disinfected!) desk. The same goes for when I travel – I wipe everything down from plane seats to waiting room tables. I realize it is a bit much, but if I am going to be spending a significant amount of time on a plane, or in a waiting area, I would like to be as comfortable (and germ-free) as possible.
Hey girly, this is an awesome post, great picks. Have a great day.
Absolutely love your posts, they’re always so interesting. Your style is so unique! Thanks for this one too x.
Love from Dubai,
Herbal teas and lemon water is great for getting healthy. Thanks for sharing your tips!
Tailored and true says
I swear by Emergen-C! Love it!